16. March 2012 15:03
Successful owners and managers of SMEs are likely to have a high degree of perseverance. For them “failures” are mere “setbacks”.
Here are some thoughts and ideas for when the way forward looks bleak.
· “ When you are going though Hell ........ keep going” ~ Winston Churchill.
· Frank Mars went bankrupt two times before he started his eponymous confectionary bar company – now one of the largest private companies in the world.
· “That which doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche.
· “Progress is an uphill fight to the end” ~ Anon.
· Thomas Edison was one of the all time great inventors with around 1,000 patents. To him, he had never failed – he had just found 10,000 ways that didn’t work !
· “My reputation grows with every failure. The vital thing is to keep grafting away and ignore the critics and brickbats as far as you can” ~ George Bernard Shaw.
· “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster – and treat those two imposters just the same” ~ from “IF” by Rudyard Kipling.
· “Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves” ~ Dale Carnegie
· Anita Roddick of Body Shop fame had great difficulty raising money for her second shop – but eventually found a private investor. Thirty years later, she sold the company to L’Oreal for £625 million.
And when you do not know where you are going ….. contact JFP on 01344 872230 for some good advice.